B-B-Bounce

Moving House, Day 12

13 January 2018


As we grind to the last few days of moving and settling the sale of our house it can be hard to muster the energy to keep going. However, a visit from my mother-in-law with a gift of flowers was a helpful boost this morning, as was the excuse for sitting down for a cup of tea and chat.

I spent much of the day emptying boxes and finding homes for all our stuff and only did one quick visit to the house to clean the kitchen bench and sink to a higher standard than completed by the cleaners on Thursday. John, however, spent most of the day and into the evening cleaning out the storage area under the house. He was present when the new owners conducted the pre-settlement inspection which occurred without a hitch. The real estate agent thought our handover letter and folder of manuals was a nice touch.

Around the time I should have been revving up to go to the women’s and men’s finals at the Sydney International tennis I hit a wall of tiredness. I took a Berocca to give me my b-b-bounce back and I buzzed too much. I b-b-bounced my car off John’s car parked on the opposite side to our driveway as I reversed out of it. I texted him and kept driving. I was mainly grateful it wasn’t someone else’s car. It was only a minor scrape of paint on each of our cars, but still, something I’d rather hadn’t happened.

At the tennis Ash Barty played much better against Angelique Kerber, a former world number one, than she did against Daria Gavrilova. Ash lost. This wasn’t a shock but one can hope. It was still great to see her play.

I had higher expectations of Alex De Minaur, since he was playing a qualifier in the final. He won the first set 6-1 but lost the second set 4-6. In the third set it looked like Alex needed a Berocca to regain his b-b-bounce with his defeated and tired demeanour. Daniil Medvedev went up two breaks of serve but then the crowd acted as Alex’s Berocca substitute and he fired up again to level the set at 5-5. It was very exciting. However, Medvedev rose above his nerves and the crowd’s extremely one-sided cheers to take the match. Good fun!

Comments